8.09.2007

My Thought for Thursday

I'm joining in on the Thoughts for Thursday blogs. Mine this week is really simple.

I want to know : How Did You and Your Husband Meet? Was is love at first sight? Did you two find out through learning more about each other that you had met before/been in the same class/worked out at the same gym? Or did you despise each other then end up falling in love? And how did he propose to you?

I love mushy stories of how couples met/fell in love....so let me hear em!!

I'll give the short and sweet story of how Jeff and I met.

Every Friday and Saturday the cool thing to do was the cruise the Ave. I, being a car girl myself, would take my friends out and look at all the cool cars in town. One Friday I happened to be in the mall and Jeff's buddy Nick worked at the Leather Store. He asked me to come hang out at Meijer with his friends later...so I figured I might stop out.

Well, I ended up going...and this cute blonde shaggy haired punk drove up in his Honda Del Sol. I LOOOOOVE those cars. Being the snot that I am...I started ripping on him for having a "girl car" and he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and started spinning me around, I about yakked. Anyway, after that he asked me to go for a ride to prove it wasn't a girl car. So I went. (his friend, Dan, liked me at the time and everyone was ripping on him that Jeff stole his girl and he better give up now haha).

When we got back, a cop pulled up and gave us all loitering tickets. In the line (there were over 30 of us) I got to know Jeff better, invited him over to hang out, and we've been together ever since. :) On the night after our wedding, we were hanging out at Meijer again, the SAME cop pulled up and we had to tell him that because of him Jeff and I were married!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I was typing our story, but it turned out to be WAYYY too long of a comment, so I'm going to write a blog at my own spot about how we met =) xoxo

Cute story, I always love hearing it!

Finders Fee said...

Once, when I was 16, I was friends with my now SIL and one day we were making out with our boyfriends in a rec room when suddenly, my now hubby, busted in with a friend and interrupted us. (In fact, he ripped the blanket my boyfriend and I were under off of us.) I broke up with my boyfriend, but 4yrs later I was married to my husband and on September 9th, it will be our 12th anniversary!! He never really proposed though. Just told me to start looking at engagement rings for myself.

heather said...

We met at a friend's barbeque, err- sorry "cook-out" for you Michiganders LOL!
We had seen each other around, he played soccer with a bunch of my friends and I saw him at the games, but we never talked or met. Then a friend was having a get together and I wasn't going to go, but then I found out Ryan was going to be there, so I went. We met, we talked, we exchanged emails. We arranged to hang out two days later with friends for lunch and have talked every single day since that day over six years ago. We were married 364 days later.

Nicole said...

Ryan and I met in English class in high school. One of my best girlfriends was in the class with me and we were just total goofs. We always joked around and picked on Ryan... probably more flirting on my part LOL. I don't know how we started actually hanging out, but I'm sure it started with skipping school lunch to go eat at Burger King or something stupid like that. We dated for a couple years, until my senior year and then we split up for awhile, then when I was halfway through my freshman year at MSU we ran into eachother again and started dating again. We've been together since. (our whole "engagement" story is on Kasey's blog from last week.... her topic was engagements).

Emilie said...

Well, I dont have a husband, but I have a boyfriend. I have been dating Leslie's brother Bobby for over 2 years and we met throught a mutual friend. And we just started hanging out and then he asked me out on a date. Since then we have been together. We just kinda work off one another with our personalities. We've really grown close ...

Zoe said...

Mark and I met at the Big Apple. I don't remember anyuof the details because I was totally wasted...I had just broken up with my boyfriend that am. All I know is he called me the next day and I had his number in my pocket. Yikes huh?