6.05.2007

Flowers, Rainbows, and Jackson Cops.


This flower is from a house that Jeff and I really really realllllllly like. (Do you think I stressed the liking enough?) It's on McCain Rd. like 100 ft from our condo entrance. Super big, on an acre of land, 3 car garage (Jeff was stoked), needs a few minor fixes-like taking out the builtin shelves in the living room-fixing the floor in the kitchen-removing wallpaper and the floor in the kitchen is 1/2 tile/wood. Odd, but I figured it was like that b/c the previous owners had a large kitchen table and didn't want the weight of it to crack the tile?? Since the wood is only in the area where a table would be. Here's a few pictures from the listing site. Right now it's at 163K but it's been on the market for almost a year without any price reductions. Hmm...This is a sitting area/workshop off the back of the house. There is also a Sun room that is the perfect fit/screened in for a HOTTUB ;)
My 2 exciting moments of the day:
I was sitting at the light waiting to turn onto Wisner by Shaw's Furniture and I saw 3 State Police and 1 County Sheriff pull over this Maxima. They proceeded to draw their guns out, stand behind their doors, and yell for the driver to get out of the car. They put him in handcuffs nicely but the passenger wasn't so lucky. He got ripped out of the car, thrown on the ground, and a knee in his back while they cuffed him. WOW! And to think my naiive little mind only thought that happened on COPS. LMAO (Just kidding) Now I get to mark off one more thing that I needed to do before I die...witness a rough convict take down. YESSS! Cheeeeeeck!
Mentioning Shaw's Furniture...was anyone lucky enough to see the tall gumpy Napoleon Dynamite lookin' guy that stood on the corner wearing the Shaw's Furniture sign while jamming to his iPod? OMG. He was a spittin' image of ND and the other day he was listening to something really good b/c he was finger wavin' (like in a 'un uh no you didn't!!' sort of way) and doing some little wave/moonwalk thing with his eyes closed. Jeff was laughing so hard he was crying. He told me to go back and tell him he was doing a great job attracting people to Shaw's. I was having a really bad day before I saw that guy...he made my day worthwhile. LOL

I'm pretty sick of this crapola weather we have going on. Yesterday was nasty. Today was cold. But after all the showers yesterday I got some decent pictures of the aftermath. A double rainbow! Well, it was a full rainbow that was really bright to begin with, but by the time I got home and got my camera it had dwindled down to a little half rainbow and a barely visible second rainbow. Oh well, that first picture is pretty neat.
So, I've come to realize I have really let myself go. Ya, I know..those of you who just recently met me are like WTF is she talking about...but seriously, I used to be in such good shape. All toned and semi athletic looking, perfect makeup, tan, bleach blonde hair, etc. *Sigh. I had a divine intervention last night and decided to bleach my teeth with AquaFresh Whitening Trays. OMG what a mistake. Holy HELL! Those things kill your teeth. I have veeeeeeerrrrrryyyy sensitive teeth but I read some good reviews and decided they seemed like the best option. First of all, I brushed my teeth before I put them on (seemed like a good idea) but the peroxide in the trays got into the small cuts that any toothbrush will leave on your gums and turned them WHITE! AGH. I about died. Last night wasn't that bad, my gums were kinda sore and my teeth just felt like I had icecream a few hours before...a slow dull ache. So I thought 'I can deal with this'. This morning was another story. Put the trays in....took them out 15 minutes later due to the massive burning/feeling of a mouthful of icewater was permanently in my mouth. Let's just say, all day I was in tears and fighting the urge to puke because the pain was so awful. I spent the day with baby Orajel in my mouth and 4 tylenol in my system every 4 hours. I was still miserable. Anyways, I am just now getting over the pain (I managed to eat some cheerios). Please be advised that those things are not meant for ANYONE with even semi sensitive teeth. Egh.
Now I'm off to go watch some TV and think about exercising. I have no motivation, if you can't tell. Hahaha.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had an eventful week thus far. It's funny you mention that guy getting arrested, I was driving home from my parents today and saw two differnt situations where people were getting arrested. What is going on??? I heard the weather is supposed to be nice Wed. and Thurs. About time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OMG... the other day we drove by Shaw's and I was like "LOOK! It's Napoleon!!" we were dying. Hahaha.