6.07.2007

"Well bless your heart."

Today Jocelyn, Jeff, and I went for a second opinion on Jocelyn's head size. And OMG can you believe it??? She's fine!

I like to pride myself with the fact that I am one of the most together, researchive, and organized people I know. :) I would make a pretty good lawyer with the way I presented my case of "the oversized head" to Dr. Keeton today. I came prepared with all the symptoms of hydrocephalus, pictures of me when I was a baby, and my whole immediate family's head measurements. Hahaha. And holy cow, Dr. Keeton said " Well, bless your heart. You are one of the most researchive mom's I know." So, on that note, we are going to have xrays done of her head in a few days, just because her sutures are kind of uneven in the back, but she said that most likely it is from the "sleepy baby syndrome" aka being 6 weeks early and doing nothing but sleeping on her back. :) So far so good today.

I figured with all the drama that came with my opinion of "how police do their job" that I would tell you lovely blog readers a story. About Jackson Police. And how much I love them. And yes, ANON, Im being serious. I know many many of Jackson's ex and current Police Force. Some of them are my friends and some are my relatives. Anywho...back to my story.

Some of you may be able to relate to this story, some may wonder what the heck I'm talking about. But anyways, I LOVE cars. Honda's in particular. No, not the "riced out" FNF cars that just look nice and have fartcans on them.....the one's that go fast and beat Domestics (WOOO). Particularly the one's that my husband has owned. He is also a car guy. Honda's in particular. And it was all because of a Jackson Cop that me and Jeff met each other. For those of you who had the pleasure of "cruising the Ave" and hanging out at the edge of Meijer's on E. Michigan before the police started cracking down on the Ave cruising and Meijer's stopped letting us hang out there.....it was a BLAST. Well, one night I was hanging out with my friends (guys yes, remember I'm a car girl) and we all stopped at Meijer's. Then this shaggy haired blonde guy comes cruisin' up in a Black 94 Honda Del Sol. He for sure caught my eye. But of course, I'm shy so I didn't say anything to him...plus I knew his younger brother and he was an ass to me ALL THE TIME when he used to hang out with my friend, Sarah. Anyways, this cop came up to our group of like 30 people and told us to get in a line, he was handing out loitering tickets. I thought it was a joke, because him and his partner were laughing. But obviously, they were laughing because they just hit paydirt! LOL This cop is the SUPER tall guy that has to drive the Suburban because he doesn't fit comfortably in the patrol cars. I swear, he's very close to 7 feet tall. When he handed me my ticket he handed it straight out....which was like....at the top of my head! HAHHA Anyways, Jeff's friend Adam gave me a piece of gum while I was waiting, Jeff started getting lippy with the cops, so I told him to be quiet and the cop told him to go sit in his car and wait for his ticket. (Good job Jeff, always pissing off authority) So, after we all got our tickets everyone started heading back home. Jeff was getting gas in front of Meijer, so I decided to be brave and invite him over to hang out. He came over, the next day we went to play paintball, and we've been together ever since!! Awwwww.....yay. How cute huh?

Well, here's the kicker. Jeff and I got married on May 28th 2005, Saturday. On Sunday we took his new Honda (Green 4dr Civic aka "FAST4DR as his license plate said) out in town just to see if anyone we knew was out and about. They were. At Meijer's of course just to meet up before we went to Lansing. So, Jeff and I got out to get some snacks at the gas station and see where in Lansing we were going. Not even 3 minutes after we got out of the car, THE SAME COP 4 years ago, pulled into Meijer in his Suburban and got out to talk to us. Did the general "What you guys up to?" etc etc....and I just HAD to tell him about how he gave all of us loitering tickets 4 years ago....how I met Jeff due to it...and how we're married now. So, I said thankyou because I met the most wonderful guy ever because of him. :) The end. LOL

See, I do like Jackson Policemen/women. They do a good job protecting Jtown. And giving out loitering tickets to hellians like me. ;) And they are pretty good match makers too! The only cop that I DON'T like is David Hoffius. And that's because he was "too cool" to date me in High School. But as soon as I got cute after HS he thought I might make a good girlfriend....too bad his other police buddy had already set up me and Jeffory James!!! LOL

PS: I never said that I didn't think that guy should have been taken down like that. I just thought it was wild to see that in Jackson, in the middle of the day, in town. I was pretty much in disbelief because like I said....I've only seen that shit on TV!!!

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I love your story of you and Jeff meeting. Thats funny the same cop stopped you guys the day after you married!! Good times!