6.01.2007

Pool party for 2 please. Oh, and 1 kitty, too.

First off, Les thanks so much for the kiddie pool insight. I have a feeling it will be the most well spent $4.23 this summer. :)
My little mermaid.
Jocelyn, Jeff, and I went to Meijer on his lunch break to pick up a baby pool today. I figured it would be a more inexpensive way of getting Joss ready for the lake than taking swimming lessons at the YMCA. Plus something about that place grosses me out! Probably the fact of how you must shower before you even get out of the locker room, then walk dripping wet without shoes on to the pool, and there are SO many people that swim in it all day long. Yuck. I guess I prefer fishy poo filled lakes vs. wet tile and possible foot fungus from God know's what is on that floor. LOL Ever since I got some type of foot fungi from summer camp and being at the pool I have a phobia against anything that may lead to it. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.




Anyways, after hanging out at work for about an hour, Jocelyn and I made it home. We had a quick lunch then filled up the pool! Do you know how long that takes without having a hose? Or a bucket? Hahaha. I am so not prepared. I used a flower vase. 6 vases later we had about 4 inches of water so I called it good for now.
And the verdict is....She loves it! I figured with so little water she could lay on her belly and kick. So I said. "Kick kick kick!!!" and she would then she would splash her hands and laugh. Nowaday, everything goes into the mouth for further Jocelyn Examination. Including the water in the pool. She splashed, realized it moved, and attacked it with her mouth. So funny! The first mouth attack was a sneek attack. She acts like she isn't interested, then just dives in for the kill! That one resulted in a sneeze from the water getting by her nose. But the second was carefully planned. She slowly lowered her head, opened her mouth, and was "chewing"/skimming the water. The whole time I'm trying not to laugh and startle her.

Today we reached a milestone for Miss Jocelyn or J Fae as my sister calls her. She sat up by herself! In her pool! For more than just a few seconds, while moving her head around to look at the kitties. I got so excited. And I also got a picture. YAY!


Look at that!! I'm so proud. She's been working on it for awhile but she finally got it today :)

Well, here are some more pics from our swimming adventure. Enjoy! Jayce decided Joss needed to be licked since she was wet. And Joss decided Jayce needs some hair pulled out. LOL Wrinkle feet. Sooo cute.Telling me all about how much she loves to swim.And finally, a smile for momma. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg Kenzie she is so cute!!! haha, I love your description of how she attacks the water.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that she is enjoying her pool. Its so much fun to watch them "swim" for the first time.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

What a cute pool! I didn't realize they made them that small!! She is so cute in the last picture with her smiling!!

heather said...

Adorable pictures MacKenzie!! What a cutie in that pool. Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pic's, MacKenzie. I am glad that you went and bought one. It was definitely money worth spent for us, too. I thought about going to the Y for swim, but I a agree with everything you said about people with their wet feet (bare) walking around...Yuck! Have a great day! Talk with you soon.