7.17.2007

Sick, Sick, and More Sick.

Yuck is all I have to say. We have had a sick house since last Monday. Jeff caught this weird virus that couldn't be treated with antibiotics. He was really achy, sore throat, fever, cough...the works. So he was out of commission for almost 3 days. And during those days he referred to me as the Lysol Queen. I sprayed everything. ALL day long. I was super careful about Jocelyn's room being shut off, both of us washing our hands, him not going anywhere near her, etc. and she STILL got sick. Luckily she didn't have a fever or cough but she did have a stuffy nose, which made her miserable. She would cry if I left her side....so our house looked like a tornado hit. LOL She started getting better on Sunday so yesterday we went to the lake with my sister Kate. It was really gloomy/rainy and we only stayed in the water long enough for Joss to get a massive amount of sand in her suit and start crying. But she did have fun trying to eat the sand and splash all around at the island. Plus mommy and Aunt Kate got to eat a Freddie's Freeze which always makes a gloomy day great. :)
Recently I've been trying to get Jocelyn to sleep at night without her swing. She is getting so big she can bounce it until it stops swinging and reach her animals in the mobile. (I think it's time we let it go, haha) I've been laying on the outside of the couch and let her have free reign of the inside. She loves the new fuzzy blanket I got from my MIL. And she's learning how to play peek-a-boo with it. Here she is finally asleep. She didn't fight it as much the second night. Eventually, I'll just transfer her to her crib and have her fall asleep on her own in there. If I put her in there now wide awake, even at bedtime, that little thing talks for over an hour to her pooh,eyore, and piglets.


Here are a few more pictures of my monster from last week. She was eyeballing my Mt. Dew at lunch so I let her play with the bottle. She loves green. Kate kept telling her to "hold it close" and she'd hold it like it was her best friend in the world. :)


Jocelyn also got the new Eddie Bauer CarSeat One question. How do mom's with small cars fit these giganto seats in their vehicles while still being able to have someone sit on the passenger side? Whew. It is seriously so big. I tried putting it in the middle. Then both front seats had to be almost straight up. Then I just put it on the passenger side. So that seat was straight up. Also, I'm driving an Explorer. Not to mention Jocelyn's head flopped forward even with the seat reclined because like almost every back seat, mine is on a slight decline....sigh. I figured either a child sitting straight up with a slumped over head rearfacing vs. a child sitting correct with it facing forward neither one seemed "more safe" that the other. So, she's facing forward. I mean, when I was little I sat facing forward in the FRONT seat in my carseat. There weren't any of these "everything is bad for babies" rules (as I call them) now...which pretty much make all us parents either look bad or be completely paranoid. hahaha. I guess I look bad. But the farthest I drive with Jocelyn in the car is maybe to Target/Meijer. About 2 miles away. All through town with speed limits under 40mph. How much of a possibility is there that we are going to get into a head on crash that will cause my daughters head to snap forward and hurt her neck? Very very slim. I figured the chances of getting rearended by a crazy Jackson driver were higher than a head on. And a child with a slumped over head and a rear end accident sounds pretty bad to me too. Pretty much a lose/lose situation huh? Anyways, Jocelyn loves being able to look out the windows now. She sings to herself every time we go to see daddy for lunch. No more naps in the car I guess.


Alright, I'm off to feed Joss lunch. All while crossing my fingers that my sore throat is just because. If I catch that virus I'm going to be out for weeks. Yeah, cause I'm a baby like that.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, if she's anything like Tiegan the front-facing excitement will wear off in a little while and she'll start falling asleep in the car again. I started Tiegan front-facing early too, because she would get really cranky when she couldn't see anything and she was just so much happier facing forward. I tend to think I'm one of the more "laid back" parents and people probably just think I'm a bad mom because I'm young, but really the idea is: look at all the parenting "rules" the generations before us lived without - and we turned out just fine!
cute pics as always :) I hope everyone feels better!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Joclyn are adorable. She is getting so big. Isn't nice not having to haul around her infant carrier anymore? I love it. And yes, the toddler carseats are gigantic. Have a great day.

Nicole said...

Porter has that seat and he loves it! We used it rear facing until he was a little over a year (I really wanted to keep him rear facing until he outgrew it height wise, as it really is a lot safer, but he was fussy in the seat and we ended up switching him to forward facing when he was about 14 months old). The bigger seats are so bulky and huge, though... its amazing how people with three or four kids in carseats manage!!