5.10.2007

You make my life worthwhile...


When all I have to do is look at you and you smile like I am the greatest thing in the world.
How I can think back to the day I had you. How tiny you were and how I wished you could come home with me.
How hard and diligent everyone prayed for you to be ok...and you were.
How fragile your life was. When the same day you were born, your future boyfriend/playmate passed away because he was 10 weeks early. You weren't far behind at 6.
The first time I felt like we were a family. I was feeding you in Special Care and your daddy was watching Prison Break, we looked at each other and everything felt perfect.
When you came home, I sat all day and held you while you slept.
How I love to peek in on you when you are sound asleep, just to hear your baby snores.
How you were so small in your Papasan and now your feet hang off the edge.
When you try to to be a big girl and lift your head to watch The Backyardigans. But you get tired after a few minutes and lay down on your stuffed animals when you think I'm not watching.
When I feed you on a "closed eye" feeding and you play with my hair.
How you love to watch me do my hair and makeup in the morning.
How you think its funny to worm around nakey so I can't get your diaper on right. And try to reach for the wipe container to knock it over.
Your fake cough..then you laugh about it.
Listening to you ''talk to your animals''
How you love to sit with your mom and dad on the big couch.
Our noise competitions. And you always win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just made me melt into a puddle, remembering back to when Tiegan was that little! The time flies by so fast... soon you will be looking forward to the shock of seeing her walk around the corner, and those "surprise" hugs & kisses that you didn't even have to ask for :)

Anonymous said...

Thats such a cute picture of her.