5.31.2007

Why doesn't anyone believe me???

I had a HUGE head when I was Jocelyn's age. That is why I think she is FINE. Her US came back fine, she acts fine, her head size matches her chest size which is normal for a 6 month old-2 yr old, she isn't lathargic, she eats fine, she isn't fussy, her soft spot doesn't buldge. It is in fact getting smaller!
Me at 6 monthsMe at 8 monthsMe at almost a year. My cousin behind me is 6 YEARS older than me. My head is wayyyy bigger than hers. And she had thick hair!!! Jocelyn's head at 6 months.
Here are some pictures to prove that I'm not a bad mother. And that I seriously don't see the problem. I know, EVERYONE is sick of hearing about this but do you know how sick I am of hearing it from my pediatrician?? Dr. Rouse you can kiss my butt b/c I think you're full of poo.
On top of that, that lady had the nerve to YELL at me. "How dare you take your child off her medicine. You NEVER DO ANYTHING like that without my prior consent!" Circumstances: Jocelyn has an irritated ear, was put on Amoxicillin, started blowing out her diapers every hour, stopped eating, no wet diapers for a whole day, and it was SUNDAY. Obviously, she wasn't in the office on Sunday. So I took her off the Amox, figured it would be fine for two days because her checkup was scheduled for Tuesday, and then thought that if she needed to still be on meds for her ear that I would get a different prescription. Turns out her ear was fine (HAHA) and that it was just irritated from her teething. (I guess the swelling of gums can travel all the way back thru the jaw to the ear canal wow)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I check in on your blog every once in awhile (I Got it from Nicole's blog) and I think your baby is absolutly fine. It doesn't look too big at all, she looks perfect! That last picture in the sink is adorable. She is so sweet!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

The picture of her in the sink is a really cute one! Since you know the U/S was fine, and you also had a large head as a baby, I'm sure its just genetic. She seems like a very happy baby!

Anonymous said...

MacKenzie, You know what's best for your child. Don't let that doctor make you feel like you don't. You are doing a wonderful job and I am sure Josclyn is just fine. Have a great weekend. Let's walk next week!!K

Anonymous said...

I think Joss is fine. Don't let Dr. Rouse intimidate you. The doctors at the center have the mentality that all of their patients parents are ignorant, so they talk to you like you're stupid. I had to put her in check when Corbin first started seeing her, since then she stopped treating me like I was dumb. So don't worry girly, You're a GREAT Momma!