9.27.2007

Joining the Crowd/ TFT

Here it is! My new hair. YAY! I didn't get cold feet (*Ahem...like someone I had to con back into getting her hair cut) Yeah, Ash, you can thank me later...haha Just Kidding!

I've just been having a BLAST trying new styles, seeing if it will make it into a ponytail or as I call it...a ponySTUB. So, after a few days of fiddling with it I finally got it to where I like it. Therefore, I have pictures now. I would have a face on picture if Jeff was ever home to take one. I swear he is working constantly and I never see him. *But I am by no means complaining* :)

I don't know why I just thought of this but Jocelyn decided to say Da Da a few weeks ago. Maybe I thought of this because I just read Leslie's blog and her little Reyna Bug decided to say Momma first....here I am sitting green with envy that my daughter didn't say momma. You know what she does if I try to have her say momma? She says DaaaaaDaaaaa all drawn out and then she laughs. Eviiiil. It's ok. I can deal.

Anyway, nothing new on the home front. I'm just patiently waiting to go to Flavor Fruit Farms this Saturday afternoon. I am so excited to pick out pumpkins, eat roasted almonds, and buy some apple cider. I think that Halloween and Christmas tie for the best holiday ever. Every year I say that I'm going to decorate all out for Halloween...Jeff and I live in condos so we have a community hallway. All of our "upstairs" neighbors are really cool and about our age so I'm thinking about decorating our hallway, our stairs, and the entryway. The older folks downstairs I know will really enjoy it. Jocelyn's going to trick or treat downstairs and then across the road....she has a lot of old people fans. :) Oh and BTW she is going to be THE SNAIL! It won by a landslide. (That was secretly my favorite too Jeff was rooting for the porcupine)

So my Thought For Thursday is pretty random. Just something that has been going on at home and wondered if anyone else out there can relate. I am by no means husband bashing either. It's just that my wonderful significant other doesn't like doing family things. Not neccessarily with our immediate family...I'm talking about just me, him, and Jocelyn. I.E. Conversation for this weekends trip to FFF went as follows:

M: Jeff, you know Meckleys out by my parents house? I thought it would be fun to go this Saturday after you get out of work to pick out pumpkins and let Joss pet the deer.

J: Do we have to go this Saturday?

M: Well, yeah my CLM group is going and I want to go too.

J: Can't you take Jocelyn by yourself?

M:I could but I want it to be a family thing. You won't be the only guy.

J: I just don't feel like doing it this Saturday. You should take Jocelyn by yourself.

For some reason I just can't see myself with a stroller, with her, trying to buy cider, and pumpkins by myself...hahaha. So guess what? Jeff is coming. Because I said so. HAHA

But seriously, does anyone else run into this? And it's not like he's shy or feels awkward, he just plain doesn't want to do it. Or another example would be going to get ice cream. He wants me to go get it and bring it back. Hmm....doesn't sound too smart to me, Mister. So, long story short, our "family" outtings always end up with Jeff not wanting to go, me getting upset, me telling him he HAS to go, and then he sulks the whole time. He'd much rather be with his friends than out with me and Jocelyn...and he'll tell you that too.

Is this just a new dad thing? I try to make things fun for all three of us. And he acts like Jocelyn is a burden (we got movies the other night and I wanted Jocelyn to come so I could go too) He said it would take too long and to just stay home when actually, her bag was packed, she had on her jammies, and I carry her/buckle her in...so whats the problem? She loves seeing new people and hadn't been out of the house all day.

So, similar stories, suggestions, anything to let me know I'm not the only one who get's ticked over no family activities...ANYTHING? I guess that turned more into a rant than a TFT. Whoops.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband was like that in the beginning also. As our daughter got older (I mean older as in 5/6ish) he started doing more things as a family. Hopefully it happens quicker for you.

jenny said...

my husband has his moments. this is not all the time, but mostly when i have something i would rather do without a child to take with. we do quite a bit as a family, but there are times i get frustrated like you. so, you are not alone.

Zoe said...

Super cute hair. MArk's family never did "family stuff". I had a hard time convincing him in the beginning. I usually have to do everything alone because he works 2nd shift and EVERY weekend. Some time s things like FFF with a stroller, pumpkin ect sounds daunting...but once you do it a few times it gets easier. I can eveb take the whole damn crew plus an extra kid to Meijers on my own now!

Anonymous said...

Jade is pretty good. I just get so annoyed when I think of things that Reyna might need (diaper, drink, food) and I have to tell him to do these things. It drives me nuts that he doesn't do them. He will if I am not around.

Jade lived on his own for three years and got pretty set in his ways whe it came to doing his stuff...hobbies...etc. We are still struggling with that. For instance, he is going kayaking for three days in two weekends. I am ticked. I just don't feel he should up and leave. I don't get the chance to.

I completely know what you mean. Men drive me nuts sometimes...hang in there.

Has Joc said mama yet?

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Tony is okay with doing family things, in fact he prefers if we do something, that we take Lukas along since Lukas is part of us and we shouldn't stop doing things we enjoy, just because we have a kid. BUT, it is very difficult to get Tony to do things such as this saturday's CLM meeting at FFF. Although I got him to go, I had to tell him that this was more family-oriented rather than just the mom and tots. But anytime there were playdates like at the pool or at the parks, where I know he would want to go any other time, but didn't want to when CLM moms were going to be there. Not that I wanted him there at the CLM, just the ones like at Nixon Pool and things during the summer time that were open to entire families going. He just wouldn't be into going and making "new friends".

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

BTW, Jordan did a great job on your haircut!! My hair is getting really long and I've been wanting to do something with it, but I don't think I want it short just yet.. It's just now getting to a long length that I'm liking. But that looks super-cute on you.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had commented on this when you first posted but I guess not. I was going to say Jason is the same way - when we have to cart Tiegan somewhere he gets really whiny about it, and I'm like, what did you expect when you had a kid? That we would just never go anywhere ever again? haha. anyway, he's starting to get better. Just gotta remind them that family time can be fun too... somehow. haha.